' Judd's Hill - Shop Wines

NVX Rose 2018

This light bodied Beaujolais style Rose produces bright bold flavors with hints of strawberry, blackberry, plum and spice.  The Rose should be served slightly chilled to bring the fruit forward which follows with a long finish.  This wine is meant to be drunk young to celebrate the harvest.

$34.00 per Bottle
 

Description

The Lodi AVA, known as the “Zinfandel Capitol of the World,” is home to the Cranston Brothers, who own and farm about 400 acres of grapes in Acampo along the Mokelumme River, just north of the town of Lodi. The well-drained, sandy loam soils of the nearly 80 year-old Cranston Vineyard provide consistently delicious fruit with an intensity of varietal character and silky texture.

 

78% of Judd’s Hill NVX is fermented by Carbonic Maceration. The fruit is fermented in a carbon rich environment, with twice daily punch overs for color extraction without the addition of oxygen.  The remaining 22% is made in the Saingee method (meaning “bleeding” in French), which involves making rosé as a by-product of red wine fermentation, where a portion of the pink juice from the grape must is removed at an early stage. This juice is then fermented separately to produce rosé.

 

Our Rose of Zinfandel is one of the easiest wines to pair with food.  In fact, it is our favorite winter holiday wine at Judd’s Hill. From turkey to enchiladas, sweet potatoes to ham, and any other traditional foods for the holidays are all a perfect

Vintage 2018
Wine Style Rosé Wine
Varietal Rose
Size 750 ml