Basil Pesto Sauce
Thank you Mark for sharing your Basil Pesto Sauce Recipe!
BASIL PESTO SAUCE:
Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups
1 cup packed basil leaves
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Mix all in a blender or food processor until an even consistency is reached
- You can add more garlic if you would like. You may want to mix it, have a taste and then decide.
- This pesto freezes wonderfully. Place the pesto in ice cube trays and once the pesto has solidified place the blocks in a plastic bag and use it in the future. The ice clube technique is nice because it freezes the pesto in handy portion sizes.
- The recipe can easily be doubled.
- You can try different nuts such as pine nuts or macadamias.
- You can try different herbs such as cilantro or parsley
- Serve over top pastas, grilled vegetables, and fish. Or turn a piece of French or pita bread into a pesto pizza. The options are endless but all are delicious.
- Leave out the Paremesan cheese for a vegan pesto sauce.
A great pairing with Stainless Steel Chardonnay or Charbono